ToneConcepts has launched their new ICON series of signature pedals with Steve Lukather’s “The Luke.” An early tester of the award-winning "Distillery" pedal, Lukather began working in collaboration with Tone Concepts to develop a variant suited to his needs. The result is nothing short of impressive.
The design principal behind "The Distillery" was to create a pedal that would help touring and recording musicians alike make their guitars sound good through any amp. Like its predecessor, "The Luke" is a boost with a separate, switchable, active EQ section. Where it differs is in the dynamics. "The Luke" sounds and feels like a hi-fi version of "The Distillery," maintaining the clarity of your signal while adding only the amount of gain, boost and EQ you dial in. Keep what you have, add just what you need.
ToneConcepts achieved this by using audiophile grade parts for key components. Custom taper pots, a new enclosure and artwork by Luke's tech Astro round out the improvements.
While Steve Lukather has had other signature products, "The Luke" marks his first pedal. From the man himself:
“The sound wizards at ToneConcepts blew me away with 'The Distillery' so I went straight to them to develop an enhanced version for my first-ever custom pedal. 'The Luke' is an innovative and musical tone-shaping preamp boost with unparalleled power, transparency and tonal flexibility that takes any guitar and amp combination to the next level of musical bliss. [It's] my secret weapon that helps me sound great onstage and in the studio. And it will do the same for you.”
Whether you're looking to get more out of your current amp or make an unfamiliar backline more user friendly, "The Luke" delivers as much as its namesake.
The Luke consists of Boost and Shape circuits (active EQ). Shape has controls for Contour (frequency selector) and Edge (Q control). Engaging the Shape circuit adds a slight boost and is only available when the Boost is on.
20 dB clean boost
Runs on a 9-volt, negative tip, DC adapter (not included)
5 year, non-transferable warranty on defects due to parts and labor
Shipping Policies For Guitar and Bass Pedals Only:
- In stock pedals shipped within 24 hours.
- Free continental United States ground shipping for purchases over $100.
- Expedited and overnight shipping available for an extra charge - please email for exact rate.
- $10 off for Canadian ground shipping.
- Pedal returns accepted within 30 days of purchase. Amplifiers returns accepted within 15 days of purchase.
- All merchandise must be packed in original shipping container with proof of purchase.
- All merchandise must be undamaged. Return shipping to be paid by purchaser.
Return Policies Special Order Items:
- Return policy as dictated by the terms of the manufacturer.