Like its brethren the Archer, the Ikon is an overdrive / boost modeled after the legendary Klon Centaur. What sets the Ikon apart is the inclusion of a pair of diodes making it an exact recreation of the Centaur. While component authenticity is impressive on paper, sound is what really matters.
The Ikon is slightly more compressed than the Archer and warmer when used as a clean boost. Compression is oft maligned due to its indelicate application in so many distortion and boost pedals. Following the Centaur's lead, J. Rockett used just enough compression to focus the sound and add sustain. These qualities also make the Ikon ideal for stacking with other drive pedals.
The best boost pedals achieve always-on status from their first use. The Ikon ranks up there with the finest.
"Output" (top left knob) Overall volume control. It is very powerful and drives fairly hard beginning at lower levels. This allows you to hit the front end of a pedal or amp aggressively or lightly for clarity.
"Treble" (top right knob) Treble EQ control that goes from dark to a chimey, bright tone. It's great for midrange clarity.
"Gain" (center knob) This acts as a mixer control for clean boost and gain. Turn the Gain all the way down for a clean boost or roll it on for overdrive. As the Gain increases the clean boost is reduced but the overall output level remains consistent.
- Buffered switching
- Can run on a 9-volt battery or a 9-volt, negative tip, DC adapter (not included)
- Made in the USA
- No goop!
Shipping Policies For Guitar and Bass Pedals Only:
- In stock pedals shipped within 24 hours.
- Free continental United States ground shipping for purchases over $100.
- Expedited and overnight shipping available for an extra charge - please email for exact rate.
- $10 off for Canadian ground shipping.
- Pedal returns accepted within 30 days of purchase. Amplifiers returns accepted within 15 days of purchase.
- All merchandise must be packed in original shipping container with proof of purchase.
- All merchandise must be undamaged. Return shipping to be paid by purchaser.
Return Policies Special Order Items:
- Return policy as dictated by the terms of the manufacturer.